White Water Rafting
Hop onto a bicycle or a horse-drawn carriage after registering for your RiverBug Adventure Trip at Bissell Park in Elora, then ride along the Elora-Cataract rails-to-trail escorted by your Elora Raft Rides guide. Meet with other RiverBug clients at Confederation Park in Fergus, receive on-land pre-trip briefing and on-water safety orientation there, then float over 9 mini rapids found in scenic & historical downtown Fergus. Choose to descend over or portage around 5 little Water-Falls at Templin Gardens - a trip of approximately 30 minutes so far. Then begin your Elora Raft Rides’ guided 1 and a half hour RiverBug Adventure Trip to Elora’s Bissell Park in the deep cavern that hosted Canada’s first winter curling rink. Enjoy gentle white water rafting over 33 sets of white-water rapids, passing under three bridges (one over 100 feet high), navigating around 7 islands, floating past dozens of unique river-side houses with stunning backyards and, exploring a couple of ruins & numerous 4 million year old fossil beds. Once you have traversed the last set of rapids, you can sit back and relax as you drift by the Elora Quarry swimming hole and reach the Bissell Park base of Elora Raft Rides. Waiting for you there will be food and drinks courtesy of the Kitchen in the Park Project, washrooms to change in, and a picture board with photos of your trip.
- Included: River Bug Raft, Helmet, Personal Flotation Device, Swim-fins, Webbed Gloves, One Safety Guide for Every Seven Rafters, Mid-trip Snack, Bike Rental, Secure Storage for Personal Items
- Upgrade Options: Carriage Ride instead of bike ride. Wet-Suit and Dry-Suit Rentals.
- Eligibility: Must be a minimum of 4 ft in height and over 8 years old, able to swim and in good health.
- Items to Bring: photo identification, signed waiver, emergency contact information, sneakers, sun-glasses, change of clothes
- Please read our Terms & Conditions and White Water Rafting Details, which are required pre-trip reading. By booking with us, you agree to our terms and conditions.
Be a pioneer on a unique Canadian Adventure in Ontario’s only RiverBug Raft Ride.
You will captain your own RiverBug Raft escorted by a Trip Guide and raft over gentle rapids, pass under several bridges, descend over 5 water-falls, navigate around numerous islands, explore a couple of riverside ruins & discover 400-million-year-old fossil beds.