A few details
If you have a group of fourteen, great! If you are fewer than fourteen, then you'll meet other delightful and adventurous people like yourself who are curious about the River. The rapids are considered class 1 (easy) and class 2 (moderate) rapids.
LEARN MORE! Included :
• Included: River Bug Raft, Helmet, Personal Flotation Device, Swim-fins, Webbed Gloves, One Safety Guide for Every Seven Rafters, Mid-trip Snack, Bike Rental, Secure Storage for Personal Items
• Upgrade Options: Carriage Ride instead of bike ride. Wet-Suit and Dry-Suit Rentals.
• Eligibility: Must be a minimum of 4 ft in height and over 8 years old, able to swim and in good health.
• Items to Bring: photo identification, signed waiver, emergency contact information, sneakers, sun-glasses, change of clothes
• Please read our Terms & Conditions and White Water Rafting Details, which are required pre-trip reading. By booking with us, you agree to our terms and conditions.
• Begin your adventure at Bissell Dam in Elora where you will register and be fitted for equipment.
• Safety is our number one goal at Elora Raft Rides. Before you enter the way you will receive an inland safety briefing and water rafting orientation with our experienced guides. The guides (1 guide for every 7 adventurers) will join you on the tour to ensure your raft is a pleasant and safe experience and to point out all wonders along the way.
• You will enter the Elora Gorge river beside historically significant Grist Mill, located at the foot of 12 foot Scotland Street dam in Fergus.
• The River-Bug White Water Rafting course runs over 9 initial mini rapids in Fergus.
• Descends you over five water falls (option to portage available).
• Navigates you around 7 islands.
• Float past a dozen modern cliffside homes.
• Pass by ruins.
• Survey multiple archaeologically significant fossil beds.
• Pass under three bridges, one a 100 foot high rail-to-trail
• Raft over 33 sets of white-water rapids downstream from five falls in Fergus.
• Journey past the Elora Quarry.
• Enjoy a Mid-trip snack break
• Finish at Bissell Park, home to Kitchen In the Park Project & RiverBug Adventure base.
• The total time of the tour is approximately 3 hours. 1 hour on land and 2 hours on water.